Weekend Foster PAALS
“One of the deep secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others.”
Weekend PAALS Foster Training Class is scheduled for 2/1 – 2/3 at PAALS Training School.
- February 1st: 5:30pm-7:30pm
- February 2nd: 9am- 3pm (bring a lunch!)
- February 3rd: 2pm-5pm
Title: Weekend Foster PAALS
Manages: One lovable puppy/dog in training for service work
Salary: Unconditional canine love
The PAALS Weekend Foster position is extremely important to the PAALS program and its success. As a puppy or dog weekend foster, you establish the foundation of training and socialization critical to a service dog’s future success as a lifelong partner to someone in need
As a PAALS Weekend Foster you will help create a life changing canine while enjoying a puppy or dog every weekend. This is a perfect fit for working folks who love dogs, but don’t have time during the week to care for one. It’s also a great way to teach kids how to give back by nurturing a dog that will go on to care for someone who needs them most.
Please read the Weekend Foster Job Description and the FAQ’s at the bottom of the page before applying.
If you are ready to apply to become a PAALS Weekend Foster, click on the button to complete an online application.
Weekend Foster PAALS FAQ’s
Answers to the most common questions we are asked
- Providing a safe and loving home for a Service Dog in training on weekends and holidays
- Providing transportation to routine veterinary care which may include vaccinations, preventative medicines, spay or neuter, and emergency care
- Provide predetermined dog food
- Provide a crate large enough for the dog to sleep in
- Learning basic Dog Handling skills so that you are consistent with PAALS methods
- Teaching and enforcing basic Obedience and proper house Manners
- Learning the basics of canine Education to improve your dog’s skills at home